One common excuse often given by people who don’t floss is that the practice is difficult to fit into their daily schedule. If you’ve found this to be true, and feel like you are too busy to floss, here are some suggestions for when to fit this essential dental health habit into your day.
- The most common time is right before bed, but make sure you aren’t too tired to do a good job.
- Right when you wake up is also an option, but if food is left between teeth all night, it can result in plaque.
- Try just after lunch, before you go back to work.
- Floss while you are in the car sitting in traffic. It’s easier one-handed with the pre-strung floss pics. (You might get some odd looks from other drivers, but it’s worth it.)
- Keep some floss in your gym bag so you can floss after you exercise.
- While you’re watching the nightly news.
I hope this gives you some helpful ideas to help you make flossing part of your daily routine. Flossing is important for anyone in Fresno who wants to have a healthy smile.
My name is Art Mirelez. Helping my dental patients establish good habits is important to me, as well as helping them realize the smile they want with cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers, teeth whitening, and complete smile redesigns.
We are currently accepting new patients, so give us a call at 559-761-1871 to make an appointment!
All in one location, one doctor, one appointment
Contact Mirelez Wellness Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):