Gum disease is one of the leading causes of tooth loss among American adults. It’s also preventable with regular brushing and flossing. And if you get it, gum disease is treatable at Mirelez Wellness Dental in Fresno.
Here is a short quiz to test you knowledge about gum disease.
1. Which of the things listed below are risk factors for gum disease (periodontitis)?
2. Which of the following are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that appear to be longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Bad breath
d. Sore gums
3. Which of the things listed below are possible health matters linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of individuals age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following services are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Gum grafting
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t experience any symptoms.
Gum disease usually responds favorably to treatment, like what we provide at Mirelez Wellness Dental in Fresno. If you think you have a problem with your gums, please call our office to set up an appointment. We also offer a full range of family dentistry services. Call our office today!
Contact Mirelez Wellness Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):