White teeth make anyone look younger, happier, and more attractive. And it seems like there are more teeth whitening choices than ever before.
The least costly product you’ll find in Fresno is a whitening toothpaste. It helps remove surface stains while gently polishing and providing mild stain removal. Because it doesn’t contain bleach, teeth will only be lightened up to one shade.
Lightening Strips and Gels
Whitening strips and gels are also popular. They’re usually peroxide-based. You apply them for two weeks, twice a day. They may be able to brighten your teeth a shade or two. The results can last up to three or four months.
Whitening rinses are one of the newer practices for whitening teeth. Because of the small amount of contact time, these rinses have on teeth, they often have a minimal effect.
But are these whitening systems safe?
Below are a few recommendations on how you can lighten safely so your smile is not only brilliant, but also healthy.
- Get a dental check-up. Let your dentist know if you experience sensitivity when you whiten your teeth. At Mirelez Wellness Dental, we are happy to help you prevent potential dilemmas. (That’s our job!)
- Follow whitening product instructions. They’re not just suggestions. They’re given to help you achieve healthy teeth while avoiding damage.
- Do not use whitening products longer than directed. This can result in tooth and gum sensitivity.
- Aim for a natural white. If you whiten too much, your teeth may become translucent or even start to have a bluish tint. Try to match the whites in your eyes. Then you won’t overdo it.
- To keep your teeth white, forego tea, cola, and coffee. And don’t smoke! (Stained teeth will be the least of your worries.)
The safest way to whiten your teeth?
At Mirelez Wellness Dental, we offer an in-office tooth bleaching procedure that is safe and effective. Our patients can’t believe how great their teeth look when they remove the stains and restore the brightness.