According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 25% of adults over 65 have no natural teeth. Many of them choose dentures. This is understandable. But denture implants from Mirelez Wellness Dental in Fresno are a superior alternative.
13 Problems With Dentures
1. Dentures usually fit properly at first, but the mouth changes as you age. Normal wear and tear take a toll. Eventually, the dentures will need to be relined or replaced. But even quality dentures that fit properly cause problems, both physical and mental.
2. The human body is designed to have teeth that are permanent in the jaw. But dentures move around in the mouth.
3. Ill-fitting dentures can aggravate gums and cause inflammation. Inflammation contributes to additional health problems.
4. Dentures can change a person’s bite which impacts the temporomandibular (jaw) joint. This, in turn, can cause pain in the face, neck, and head.
5. Dentures trap fragments of food. This can result in gum disease. Partial dentures can increase the risk of decay in remaining teeth.
6. Dentures can make food taste different or mask the taste entirely. This can lead to inadequate nutrition.
7. Some men and women with dentures start eating smaller meals which can lead to weight loss.
8. Dentures can take the pleasure out of eating. This can affect emotional health. (Enjoying a meal is often the best part of the day, don’t you agree?)
9. Inadequate calorie consumption lowers energy levels. This affects the ability to work, travel, and participate in hobbies and recreational activities.
10. Dentures restrict chewing power. Many denture wearers stop eating nuts, high-fiber foods, and raw vegetables. All of these are part of a healthy diet.
11. Reduced chewing capacity can cause the denture wearer to swallow bigger chunks of food. This can result in digestive problems. It also increases the risk of choking.
12. Dentures can interfere with speaking. When speaking ability is limited, some men and women avoid social situations and are at a greater risk for depression.
13. Missing teeth eventually cause bone loss. When the jaw no longer has tooth roots, it shrinks and recedes.
We can explain these issues in detail if you come in for a no-pressure consultation.
Dental Implants Prevent (All Of!) These Problems
Since this is the blog for the best tooth implant in Fresno, you know where this article is going. It may sound far-fetched, but dental implants can enable you to avoid each one of these health problems. The wonders of modern dentistry!
Why Are Dental Implants Better Than Dentures?
Can you place a value on physical and mental well-being?
Denture implants from Mirelez Wellness Dental in Fresno may be the best investment you make when it comes to health and happiness. We are a mercury-free, holistic practice. Schedule a consultation with us today.
Contact Mirelez Wellness Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):