If you have a missing tooth and want to restore that gap in your mouth, it is important to look at the differences between a dental bridge and a permanent dental implant. We can help, at Mirelez Wellness Dental in Fresno.
Dental bridges have replaced teeth for generations of people. However, they have some disadvantages:
- They are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem—the adjacent teeth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
- It is hard to properly clean the small areas under the bridge.
- A dental bridge does not safeguard against bone recession at the extraction site.
Why does a dental implant have key benefits over a dental bridge?
- It is a 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- It is usually stronger.
- Will curtail the risk of bone recession (as compared to a bridge) because it replaces the tooth root.
- It is usually easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- They usually last longer.
- Dental implants can support a denture or partial denture.
Contact Mirelez Wellness Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):