One common reason people give for not flossing their teeth is that it’s too difficult to fit into their day. If that sounds at all like you, here are some suggestions for when to fit this important dental health habit into your day. The team at Mirelez Wellness Dental in Fresno assures you that flossing, along with brushing, can help prevent cavities, gum disease, and other issues.
Flossing your teeth is important to your dental health. Think of it this way: you wouldn’t ignore the buildup of dirt and dust on your kitchen floor, would you? The same is true with flossing. Brushing can get a lot of the debris from your teeth, but not all of it. They go hand-in-hand.
- The most common time to floss is right before bed, but make sure you aren’t too tired to do a good job.
- Right when you wake up is also an option, but if food is left between teeth all night, it can lead to plaque.
- Try just after lunch, before you go back to work.
- Floss while you’re stuck in traffic. It’s easier one-handed with the pre-strung floss picks. (You might get some odd looks from other drivers, but it’s worth it.)
- Keep some floss in your gym bag so you can floss after you exercise.
- While you’re watching the nightly news.
From time to time, we’re asked: should I floss before brushing my teeth, or after? It really doesn’t make much difference. The important thing is that you floss every day.
At Mirelez Wellness Dental in Fresno, we help our patients prevent cavities and gum disease. We also help them get the smile they want with cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers and teeth whitening. Give us a call today to schedule your next appointment.
Contact Mirelez Wellness Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):