Everyone should brush their teeth at least twice a day. In this post from Mirelez Wellness Dental in Fresno CA, we’ll talk about why this is so important.
Brushing and flossing is the best way to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. You should make sure to use a fluoride toothpaste and carefully, but thoroughly, floss in order to remove food debris from teeth. This kind of routine helps cleans away plaque build-up.
If we let food stay on our teeth, the starches in it combine with the plaque. This nasty mixture forms an acid which immediately starts drilling into the enamel to form cavities. Brushing can’t get all the spaces between your teeth, which is why flossing is so helpful.
With the help of a flavored or unflavored string, you can drag those hard-to-reach dregs of food out into the open, where they can’t harm you!
When You Brush…
- Make sure to clean the front, sides, inside, outside, and cusps of every tooth.
- When you to brush the sides, be sure you brush along the gum-line.
- Use a gentle touch, and hold the brush at a 45-degree angle.
- Move the brush in gentle, circular strokes.
- Make sure you brush for at least two minutes.
- Use a pea-sized blob of fluoridated toothpaste or larger; too much is no big deal, but be sure to use enough.
If you’ve been doing everything right, but your dental health routine is still failing to prevent gum disease, contact us At Mirelez Wellness Dental in Fresno CA. We want all of our patients to enjoy clean teeth and healthy gums, which is why we offer periodontal disease treatment. People throughout Medera, Selma, and Oakhurst also come to us for family and restorative dentistry. Request an appointment today!
Contact Mirelez Wellness Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):